Lost and Found

:: Lost & Found ::


It has been a very long time since I visited this space and for months I thought perhaps the days of blogging were over. Our lives have turned another chapter, and with all the children in school, I felt that there was not much to say. The blog began to fade as I stepped into other hobbies, activities, and interests. It was ironic that for all the years traveled around and lived a nomadic lifestyle I dreamed of blogging about our home and a little piece of earth. But when it actually came time to write about it, I was left without words. The blog seemed lost. 

Recently though, I kept thinking about how I loved this space and the people who visited this space. I missed hearing about their lives. But what could I say? Wasn't everything already spoken? The babies aren't so little anymore, and our daily lives have changed so much that things weren't so exciting to report about motherhood or raising small children who are at home each day with me. Yet, I kept thinking and feeling a little tugging within me. It was saying, don't let this space linger in the lost bin forever. You have so much more to say, but it needs to evolve and change as the days do. So, I searched through the bin of forgotten things and pulled this out. It was lost, but now it is found. It needs a bit of work and dusting off but slowly I am hoping to see this space evolve from a journal chronicling the daily life of a military wife and mother of three small children into something more, an intersection of family, faith, and the creativity of everyday life.

In the meantime, let me re-introduce myself.




I am Kathleen.
I am a wife.
I am a mother of three school-aged children.
I am a Catholic.


We live in a rural community, but I am a mix of city girl and country girl who likes to keep one foot in each place.

I am a writer.
I am a teacher of sorts. I recently accepted a very limited role as an outdoor educator at our local arboretum.
I am a graduate student
studying English and Creative Writing.
I am a textile artist and creator of handmade goods. I am finally at a place in my life where I am ready to put my things out there and see what happens.
I volunteer in our parish and run the high school youth program.

I love the seasons and changes in the weather.
I love books, cozy dark nights, and hot tea.
I love yarn and collect it and knit but mostly collect.

I fancy myself a gardener and keeper of the land.
I am passionate about the environment and life.

I embody my ancestors and honor their existence in my daily life.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I write and read a lot these days, I figured I would share what's on my bedside table these days:





Just Finished::
*O Pioneers! by Willa Cather (grad school)

Currently Reading::
* The latest edition of Taproot Magazine
* Murder Your Darlings and other gentle writing advice from Aristotle to Zinser by Roy Peter Clark
* Jamie Oliver's Comfort Food by Jamie Oliver

To Read::
* Varina by Charles Fraizer
* Maggie, Girl of the Streets by Stephen Crane (grad school again)






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts