Weekends

:: Weekends ::

It has been such a long time since I put up a post about our weekends. I sometimes feel like our life is moving at a break neck speed. The days are busy and by the night I collapse into bed without a thought about blogging. The weekends are even worse because they are so short. Sometimes I wish that we all had three day weekends instead of two. Four day work weeks would be so much better. 
But I am making an effort to get into writing again.

We had such a great and very hot weekend. I like summer but give me cooler temperatures and cozy nights any day. 

We started our weekend with friends over for dinner. We tried to have a cookout but it ended up being a eat in when the rains started. We had so much fun with their six kids and our three kids. Lots of laughs, running feet, and good food. We are blessed to live so close to them now after so many years of being apart. 


Saturday- we ran errands in the morning and then went over to the local fireman's fair in the neigboring town of Cordova. We met up with my husband's high school firneds and their families. We watched the parade and had a blast at the fair. It is one of those old time style fairs with good food, 25 cent games, and hay rides. It was so wonderful. I love small town living. I saw a bunch of people wearing shirts that said "sometimes you just need a little country air". That is so true. It puts the whole crazy fast spinning world into prespective. Family, friends, and community. We were also lucky enough to be really close to the Chesapeake Bay Balloon and Wine festival. We saw all the hot air balloons take off for an evening ride. It was amazing. 









Sunday -  we did our usual morning of breakfast and church. Then we headed out on our boat and spent the afternoon on the water with a picnic lunch on the wildlife refuge beach and lots of swimming to cool off.  




It was a perfect August day. 


Joining Karen of Pumpkin Sunrise for a weekend post! 

Comments

  1. I envy your boat :) Summers tend to be busy! I am not babysitting and yet this summer has been full and busy for my tastes. Looks like a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts