Weekends






Hey There! The weekend is nearly over and I am grouchy because they never seem long enough. We had another fun filled weekend at our place. Friday night, We had homemade pizza (courtesy of my mister) and we watched Kung Fu Panda for the millionth time but they love it. I always enjoy pizza night because even if it is summer we still have an excuse to curl up on the sofa and watch a movie. We don't watch much TV at all in this house so it is a treat that we all enjoy. 

Saturday was a busy day of ballet class in the morning for the lovely Miss CeCe and I finished making my grandmother's birthday cake. She turned 89 this last week. We had a graduation party for my cousin who recently finished college and celebrated with yummy food, family, and karaoke. The cake was a white cake with raspberry filling and cream cheese icing. It was a hit. I am getting pretty good at this cake making thing. Now, to convince mister to add a small commercial kitchen onto the house we buy.  Speaking of homes, we are looking. In fact, we are looking at a lot of things. This was one of those weekends were we were caught up in thoughtful discussion about our life and family. Changes are ahead and we want to be sure that wherever we settle and buy a home is the right place for our family to grow. It was wonderful to hash out our thoughts, desires, and needs. Good things lie ahead, I can feel it. 

Sunday morning was quiet and restful as we headed off to celebrate Mass at my grandmother's retirement community. It is nice to have my uncle celebrate Mass there and we get to join them. The girls had to spend their birthday moneys so we headed off to Target and they scoured the aisles until I convinced them to save some of it and get a little something. I picked up a set of journal to write in as  I start a writing adventure on Monday (more to come about that this week). This afternoon I was able to finish a set of felt coasters for our living room and I wound up some new yarn for a new project. We enjoyed a quiet dinner and some outside time. 

A lovely weekend. I hope this weekend was good to you and yours. 

xo. 











Joining Karen of Pumpkin Sunrise

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I feel the same way, they are never long enough :)

    Have a great start to your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shopping for a home is fun! good luck in finding your forever place for you and your family. we had homemade pizza too and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts