Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Yarn Along

:: Yarn Along ::



I got side tracked with a new project this past week. I was knitting a cloche hat in the brioche stitch but I realized that I just wanted something simple to make. So, I found this pattern on Ravelry: Historical Knitted Cap. It is just easy enough to knit while watching TV or sitting out back watching the kiddies play. It is turning out quite nicely and I am already thinking about what I can add to the hat to " doll it up" a bit. It is funny that I am knitting a cloche hat because I just finished Maisie Dobbs (set in the 1920's) and I checked out the second book in the series. It was a really great book and I recommend it. I checked out some other books from the library so I have plenty to read over the next few weeks. I am still working on my first pattern and hopefully I will be able to share with you all soon! 

Happy Knitting! 


Joining Ginny of Small Things

4 comments:

  1. Will look forward to seeing your hat finished and how you decide to embellish it. Cute pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, I'm knitting a hat and I do love the hat pattern you chose! I might have to knit that up one day-love the purple yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that yarn. :) and that is some stack of books you have going. lol

    ReplyDelete