Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Small Offerings

:: Small Offerings ::

I have been really feelings off balance lately and this past week seemed like a fog so I have made strides over the weekend to get back into the swing of things and tip the scales back into my favor. A little spiritual realignment if you will. 

First, a little spring cleaning of the family altar. It is a sacred space filled with little trinkets, prayer cards, candles, and a family heirloom. Our spiritual beliefs are our own and I personally have deep spiritual convictions about the universe, God, earth, and spirit. Our family sacred space isn't much right now but I have high hopes in the coming months to create a space in our new home. 



Secondly, a lunar infusion tea. I do love the light of the full moon and I usually make sun tea but why not some moon tea instead. Whether or not is a calming tea because it was bathed in moonlight is up to the tea drinker. But it was very good. 





Lastly, a little bit of meditation and a real concerted effort during Sunday Mass to focus on what is happening in the moment and not let my mind wander. ( This proves difficult with a 2 year old). 

I think sometimes I lose track of my spiritual side when I get caught up in my everyday life but that side of my life needs to be fed as well. These small offerings always help feed my soul. 

2 comments:

  1. So important to take time to focus on the spiritual side, the soul needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get up early for my spiritual side and it always sets the day off the right way. I'm happy and balanced. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete