Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yarn Along

:: Yarn Along ::






Another week and another project finished. I love little projects because I feel so accomplished when I  complete something. The teapot cozy was very easy and super cute. I added a little felt scene on the front for fun. It is fun dressing my teapot. I am working on a matching tea cup cozy. I decided to pick up my leg warmers and continue working on those because they are an easy project to do with little ones running around or TV on. And...if I want to wear them this fall I better get on it now. I also picked  up some white lace weight yarn to make a Jane Austen scarf. When I find the website again, I will share the pattern. It is really pretty. Still chugging along on my cozy nook blanket. ( no pictures this week).  I started reading The Red Garden by Alice Hoffman. It is good so far. I have never been one for short stories but I like it.  I just got a new book about using art in the home, The Artful Parent. It is perfect for young children and just in time for summer. I also subscribed to a new magazine: Brain, Child. It is full of insightful essays on parenting and children. I am finding it refreshing to read articles with depth and meaning. 

Happy Knitting





Joining  Ginny of Small Things

6 comments:

  1. Love the applique detail on the cozy!! It is adorable and adds whimsy to your quick project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tea cosy, the little bird is super cute and adds some lovely interest!!! Have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cozy, it is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is the cutest tea cozy ever!

    Love it!

    Wishing you an amazing day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like that applique on the tea cozy! it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete