Monday, February 18, 2013

in my kitchen

:: in my kitchen ::

Our long weekend has afforded me the luxury of spending a little more time than usual in the kitchen. Since we gave up desserts for Lent I haven't been doing much baking but I think this week the girls will need a little something sweet. It will be a real test for me. ( I have a terrible sweet tooth) But this weekend we were making all kinds of great things...


Goat Cheese, Mushroom, and Onion Tart 


 Bread 



Orange Candle: Courtesy of my e-course Apothecary Circle 



Herbal Tinctures: Rosemary, Lavender, and Comfrey 





A recipe to share: Mango Salsa








Ingredients: 
1 ripe Mango (peeled, pitted, and diced) 
1 jalapeno (seeded, ribbed, and minced)
1/2 onion chopped 
1/2 cucumber (peeled, seeded, and diced)
Juice of one or two limes (depending on your taste)
1 TBSP. chopped cilantro ( or more if you desire) 
Salt & Pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and allow them to marinate for at least an hour. We served this with crusted Tilapia. 

1 comment:

  1. Great things happening in your kitchen. Thanks for the recipe, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete