Late Summer

:: Late Summer ::

We have almost reached the point of mid-August and I can begin to feel summer slowly dwindle away as only a few weeks remain before the Fall routine begins again. I would have loved to write more this summer in this space but life got busy. We have filled our days with all kinds of fun and places. Most nights I collapse into bed too tired to sit at the computer to write and share the day. We still have a few adventures to go on and next week we had off for a couple days away in Virginia. Exploring the homes of Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe. We will drive down part of Skyline drive and savor all that the Shenandoah Valley has to offer. We also have our tickets reserved for Members night at the National Aquarium. A family reunion to attend and a few more late evenings and ice cream cones to eat. It has been so nice to have a summer where we aren't worrying about too much or gearing up to move. Our home search has been slow but fruitful in some respects. We know what we want and now we just have to find it. I know that the right home is out there and we will find it but I am not in a hurry. Some things can not be rushed. 

I am hoping to finally open my Etsy shoppe and showcase some of my work. I have been diligently working in a writing community and hope to start sending off some pieces for publication. It is kind of scary to put myself out there in the world and see what happens but if I don't try then I will never know what might have been. 

Lots of things are going to start happening around our home this Fall and I can't wait to see what the change in season can conjure. It is my favorite time of year and the one I feel closest too. There is something indescribable about the weather and change that takes place. Change can be hard but good can come out of it. 

I will be visiting this space more and putting down more of our family life. 

Even if I haven't been here, I have been taking my camera with us....















Comments

  1. I love the fall also! Call me crazy, but I miss fuzzy socks and warm sweaters!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts