Yarn Along

:: Yarn Along :: 




"Summer afternoon- summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language."
- Henry James 

The warm weather snuck in one night and has settled upon us. It has slowed down our pace and given me more time to knit and read. I had put down the knitting needles last month because we had so much going on with birthdays, family events, and general busyness. Thankfully for us, summer is right around the corner and the pace will slow. I picked back up a shawl I was working on and I am beginning to knit the descending section. I have wound up two skein of radiant yarn for both my girls. They are young but interested in yarn and knitting. I need to find a project for them that will be both easy and fun. I am thinking some pom-pom necklaces and garland for their room. I am thinking of casting on another project just to give myself something different for each day. 

A new edition of Taproot arrived yesterday and I am working on finishing up First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen. 

Happy Knitting! xo. 


joining Ginny of small things



Comments

  1. I'm patiently waiting for my mag....patiently. LOVE the project and that green, my I am digging it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't cracked it yet. I am just savoring the cover of the magazine right now.

      Delete
  2. A new Taproot? Must run to the nearest bookstore!
    Lovely shawl, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What shawl pattern is that? I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple Spring Shawl by Leah Michelle designs. I found it on Ravelry.

      Delete
  4. I loved Garden Spells but was disappointed with First Frost. What did you think of the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about 5 chapters in and it is good so far. But I do agree, Garden Spells was so great and I love the storyline. We will see how this turns out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts