Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Yarn Along

:: Yarn Along :: 

Last week I got my package of yarn and yarn cards in the mail from Beaverslide Dry Goods. It is a new website to me and I am love with it. I love finding new places to purchase yarn. I bought the yarn because I am participating in my first ever KAL and it is a mystery where we get a clue once a week. It is from Ysolda. I am having a lot of fun with it and it is nice to work on something for me. ( spoiler alert: if you are participating too, then you might want to avoid a picture below)

I also knit up a baby cap to match the newborn sweater and I cast on another cap because they are great quick little knits. My girls each want a hat too so that is the next thing on my list.

I was inspired by Ginny last week when I saw she was reading some Willa Cather. I stopped by the library and picked up two of her works. I am almost finished reading A Lost Lady and I am looking forward to re-reading O Pioneers! I love her stories and I have been reading them since we first read them in high school.

What have you been knitting this week?









Joining Ginny of Small Things

8 comments:

  1. have fun with your mystery knitting. Love the photos and can't wait to see what your shawl looks like in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystery knitting, how fun! I am knitting a shawl, just finished a hat I don't like so searching for a new pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors! And all of your mystery knitters are brave. I can barely follow the patterns when they're all printed out in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mysteries are fun! I love the color of the yarn. You know you can't go wrong with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I didn't know anyone still did yarn cards! I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beaverslide is my favorite yarn. It wears amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour of your shawl it is gorgeous, how fun to do a mystery knit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the yarn card. That is a great way to choose yarn. I have bookmarked that website. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete