Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Yarn Along

:: Yarn Along ::


I finished my scarf and I am still working on baby booties, a sweater for Miss E's and I picked up some yellow yarn for another set of booties. I found this set of Backyard Birding Flashcards and I am reading each one. It is pretty interesting and I love the beautiful drawings on each. I am finishing up the Inferno. Meh! Not my favorite work by Dan Brown. 

Admittedly, I had a lot higher hopes for this week's Yarn Along but with my hubby working long hours, family visiting, Miss E's first recital, securing a moving company, talking with a real estate agent, and just general chaos of our upcoming move I did not get to take some pictures of my scarf on me. 
Hopefully, I will be able to put up the pattern and some pictures on me this weekend.

The Josephine ( Jo) scarf. I decided to name it after her because it seems like something would have knit during those chilly autumns in Little Women. It is a neck scarf but the next one I knit will be longer for something different. Check back this weekend and I will have the pattern up to share. 


Joining Ginny of Small Things

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have your plate full. The scarf is so pretty, great job. Glad to hear about Inferno, I won't waste my time.
    Have a great Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, the Inferno was okay but I like the Da Vinci Code so much better.

      Delete
  2. You do have a full plate...the scarf turned out beautifully! Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is the busy season but I don't think I would have it any other way:)

      Delete
  3. I think you've knitted quite a lot in spite of the crazy schedule! Lovely scarf that you conjured up, very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I think knitting keeps me from going crazy.

      Delete
  4. It is little wonder that you didn't get much opportunity to read... you've a lot on your plate. Be sure to make some time for a little R&R to keep stress at bay.

    Lovely scarf. Looking forward to reading the pattern when you get a chance. Don't rush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need such reminders. I get so caught up in worrying, packing, obsessing, and working that I get run down. I promised myself this move that everything will happen when it happens. I'll need gentle reminders from everyone:)

      Delete
  5. very nice scarf! Moving is always a bit chaotic at best; hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the scarf looks so lovely Kathleen. Can't wait to see it on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting scarf pattern - lovely!

    ReplyDelete